Module III: Healing Spiritual Pain
Participants experience and are mentored in a wide range of creative and effective psychospiritual tools for end of life care. The spectrum of practices includes art and music therapies, guided imagery, coma work, and prescriptive ritual tailored to the spiritual belief of each patient. Holistic therapies are drawn from the world's great spiritual traditions and applied with contemporary scientific skills.
What you can expect from this program:
- Experience with three different styles of guided imagery which have a proven clinical track record for alleviating spiritual pain
- Practiced with the principles of Coma Therapy for use with patients in states of altered consciousness.
- Experimentation with one of several art therapy projects which can be applied for bed-bound patients.
- Study of the acclaimed science-based research of Drs. Larry Dossey and Joan Borysenko on the effectiveness of ‘non-local’ prayer on healing.
- Development of a practical ritual to be used in end-of-life care based on traditional and contemporary models.
- Reflection on a Bereavement Model for ‘reconciling grief’ based on the work of Dr. Alan Wolfelt’s Center for Loss and Transition in Boulder, Colorado.
- Walking the labyrinth and reflection on its unique history as a symbol of spiritual pilgrimage.
Location: Online Pacific Daylight Time
Registration Fee: $300
Early Bird Discount (Good Until April 14, 2021): $250
Click here for a PDF of this flyer. Feel free to print out for yourself or to share with friends and colleagues.