Healing the Healers Workshop 4: CSS Edmonton, AB Canada Feb. 2-3, 2021
This is the fourth of four workshops providing the historical and theoretical foundation for the Anamcara. Each of the study units is grounded in the contemporary health care sciences and is inspired by the great spiritual traditions and collective wisdom learned from the dying.
Participants take previous courses to a deeper level of personal integration. The meaning of life and death, compassion and caring are explored in a nurturing environment. Based on lessons that the dying teach the living, this retreat format allows for ample reflection on the meaning of end-of-life ministry. Exercises include meditation, life-priorities evaluation and self-care skills for maintaining a centered, professional presence.
What you can expect from this program:
- Study and some personal experience with some of the different principles and techniques of 'energy work' by using bio-feedback mechanisms as a means of assisting a patient's state of physical and emotional well-being.
- Experimentation with two guided visualization formats for the 'healing of memories.'
- Exploration of the ethical dimensions of end-of-life caregiving as impact the long-term emotional and spiritual lives of professional caregivers.
- Examination of the distinction between caregiver burnout and fatigue as well as other practical antidotes to stress.
- Exposure to basic theory and techniques related to Jungian dream analysis, particularly as it relates to emotional and spiritual pain at the end of life.
- Discussion of basic rights and obligations [including legal prescriptions] regarding body ‘aftercare,’ burial, memorial services and grief support for extended family systems.
3005-119 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5R5