This is the first of four study units providing the historical and theoretical foundation for the Anamcara. Each of the study units is grounded in the contemporary health care sciences and is inspired by the great spiritual traditions and collective wisdom learned from the dying.
Participants learn about the rich cultural history and clinically sound practices for detecting and alleviating spiritual and emotional distress at the end of life. Proven results for patients include reduced anxiety, improved quality of living, and more effective pain management. Caregivers learn valuable models for addressing death anxiety as the most critical issue for the dying person.
* Death and Dying in the West
* Medieval Roots of the Modern Hospice Movement
* Spirituality and Religion
* Cultural Perspectives on Death & Dying
* Diagnosing Spiritual Pain
* Responding to Spiritual Pain
* Spiritual Dimensions of Grief
Fee: $300, Early Bird Discount(Prior to 9/1/2021) $250
Click here for a PDF of this Flyer. Feel free to print it out for yourself or share it with friends and colleagues.